We’re All About Relationships…
Growing them, celebrating them, honoring them. We’ve been doing it for 91 years.
Mills Jewelers opened in the bustling little canal town of Lockport, New York in 1929.
It wasn’t long before business began to prosper and Mills Jewelers needed a bigger location. In 1932, Mills moved one block west next to Williams Brothers, Lockport’s most prestigious department store. The store soon became Lockport’s leading jeweler.
In 1973, much of old Lockport was demolished under a program called Urban Renewal and Mills was forced to move. While many stores opted for locations in the outskirts of the city, Mills recognized the heritage of the Downtown area and on a Sunday afternoon in July, rolled the safe and all the jewelry down the sidewalk to a new location, half a block away.
Mills Jewelers represents the life long efforts of local ownership. Generations of Western New Yorkers started their family with a symbol of love from Mills Jewelers. We understand the intimate role we play in the tender moments of our customers lives. That’s a powerful responsibility and a great honor. We’re on a mission of love. With each piece of jewelry that we create, with each of the lives that we touch, we focus our expertise and passion to achieve an experience beyond all your expectations.
he success continues to grow.
- 2016 – 2019 Readers of Lockport Union Sun and Journal chose Mills Jewelers as Best of the Best:
- Best Jewelry Store
- Best Overall Customer Service
- Owner, George Fritz, has been named Citizen of the Year by the Lockport Union Sun and Journal and Business Person of the Year by The Niagara USA Chamber of Commerce.
- Mills Jewelers has been honored as Business of the Year by the Eastern Niagara Chamber of Commerce.
- Citations of appreciation have been received from former Mayors and New York Assemblymen and Senators in recognition for the stores contributions to the community.
You receive the benefit of years of training and experience. We also offer the latest in technology employing lasers in repair work and the most current advances in custom design software and digital imaging. We provide the information and tools to make your diamond choice one that will made in comfort and confidence.
In addition, we have a full service goldsmith shop on the premises. We do everything from ring sizing and chain soldering to designing and casting custom pieces of original creations. We offer you a superior level of workmanship. You get jewelry that is done right the first time so you can wear and enjoy it longer.
We are driven to give you the best in new designs and innovations along with a consistent emphasis on you, our customer. It’s a better jewelry experience.